Parents, teachers, relatives and friends; former participants; music lovers:
The Penticton Kiwanis Music Festival needs you NOW!
Our Festival relies on community volunteers to assist us in staging this event.
Why should you volunteer?
- Because volunteers are the heartbeat of any organization.
- Because the commitment is small & allows flexibility - venue shifts average three hours in length. You may choose mornings, afternoons or evenings.
- Because over 90 years for any artistic enterprise is remarkable – we require your effort to help sustain the Festival for many more years.
- Because tomorrow’s musical and dance stars start at Festivals like ours – we are the training ground for excellence.
- Because you get the opportunity to enjoy the student performances.
Volunteer opportunities include:
You will assist the adjudicator with the festival paperwork (certificates, mark sheets).
We will train you.
You will greet participants and audience members at the venue entrances.
You will keep order and foster a positive environment for both participants and observers.
You may be responsible for the opening and closing of a venue.
You will need a vehicle.
You will transport the adjudicators between festival venues and their hotel or possibly the airport to hotel (for arrival and departure).
2017 Festival Dates: March 6 - May 6
Please consider volunteering.
For more information contact the Music Festival Office by phone at: 250-493-8322 or by e-mail on the Contact page.